Sustaining an injury can be frustrating. Not only do you have to cope with the pain, but you may also have to deal with time off from your sport while you recover. The good news is that there are natural treatments to help you recover, and one of them is chiropractic care.
At Riverbend Family Chiropractic, we provide injury treatment in Destrehan, LA. Our “chiropractor near me” understands that when you’re injured, you want to get back to your sport as soon as possible. That’s why we offer customized treatment plans to help you recover quickly and safely.
Sports Injuries a Chiropractor Can Treat
- Sprains and strains: These are some of the most common sports injuries, and they can be caused by overuse, blow, or twisting. The symptoms can include pain, swelling, and bruising.
- Shin splints: This is a term used to describe pain in the shins, which is often caused by overuse. The symptoms can include pain in the shins, as well as swelling and tenderness.
- Knee pain: Knee pain is a common complaint among athletes, and it can be caused by several factors, such as a direct blow and overuse. The symptoms can include pain, swelling, and tenderness.
These are not the only sports injuries a chiropractor in Destrehan can treat. There are others such as shoulder pain, sciatica, dislocations, and more. If you have any pain or discomfort after sustaining an injury, see our “chiropractor near me.”
Chiropractic Care for Sports Injury Treatment in Destrehan, LA
We employ a holistic approach when providing treatment in Destrehan LA. The first step is to conduct an examination, which may include ordering X-rays, to determine the cause of the pain. Once we have a diagnosis, we will create a customized treatment plan. Some of the treatments we may use include:
- Manual manipulation: This is a technique that helps to realign the spine and relieve pain.
- Massage therapy: Massage therapy helps to increase blood flow to the affected area and promotes quicker healing.
- Stretching and strengthening exercises: These exercises help to improve flexibility and motion range while also strengthening the muscles and joints.
- Nutrition and lifestyle counseling: We may recommend changes to your nutrition and lifestyle to help you recover from your injury and prevent future injuries.
Visit Us for Sports Injury Treatment in Destrehan, LA
An injury can keep you from doing the things you love, but it doesn’t have to. At Riverbend Family Chiropractic, we offer injury treatment. Our goal is to help you recover quickly so you can get back to your favorite sport. Call (985) 307-0977 to book an appointment with our chiropractor in Destrehan, LA.